Pages

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's day is mine!

Mother’s day has always been a source of contention for me as my Mother and I have a real weird relationship.  I know she loves me but I don’t think she likes me and at this point, I don’t think I care anymore.  I have learned to accept that she and I aren’t going to have the buddy buddy relationship that my daughter and I have or that her and my sister have for that matter.

Mother’s day for me has turned into a day that I now think of as my children’s day.  I am so happy that God picked me to be their Mother and every year I love the flowers, cards and/or phone calls I get from them.  Oh I send my mom a card or a phone call and I think she appreciates it, but for me?  The time with my kids and the lunches, dinners or late night counseling that they still want from me is amazing. 

This year is even more amazing because I not only will be celebrating my Mother's day, but the first Mother's day of my beautiful Middle Kid.  So I am posting a poem that was on a wall hanging that a onetime coworker had given me while I was fighting for custody and I would like to share with all of you!!

A hundred years from now,

it will not matter what my bank account was,

the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove.

But the world may be different,

because I was important in the life of a child.


An excerpt taken from Within my Power by Forest E. Witcraft


Happy Mother’s day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment